Mondulkiri Travel Guides

 Information of a General Nature 

Mondulkiri is a province in the eastern part of Cambodia. It is the largest province, but it has the fewest people of any province in the entire country. With its densely forested mountains, powerful waterfalls, and lush green rolling hills on the western side, the province is full of natural beauty.

Mondulkiri still has one of the largest successional forests in Cambodia, despite the increasing rate of deforestation. This is especially the case because the deep red, fertile ground still contains valuable minerals. Except for Sen Monorom, you'll only find pure, deep jungle with a wide range of plants and animals. You may likewise track down massive and lovely cascades, where you can wash up, for example, the amazing Bou Sraa.

Sen Monorom, the province's capital, does not appear to be a typical Cambodian town, but it is the province's only town. With roughly It is frequently compared to American Wild West frontier towns because it has 7500 people, 20 guesthouses, 12 restaurants, 3 bars, and no post office. Concerning the quietness and excellence of Sen Monorom individuals from different pieces of the nation move here and in this way the land cost multiplied from 2006 to 2007.

Travelers who wish to explore the region's surroundings should choose Sen Monorom as their starting point. a beautiful, quiet town tucked away in the hills; It has a lot of potential to become a hub for ecotourism that doesn't bother people. As of now, it's exceptionally lacking, which provides you with a sensation of heading off to some place off the beaten vacationer trail. Add to that the networks of slope clan individuals, who are not impacted by mass-the travel industry, as they are in adjoining Thailand, and you have a region that is exceptionally alluring to the experience explorer.

The variety of languages used is also interesting: Khmer, slope clan dialects, Vietnamese and Lao. 80% of the populace in Mondulkiri is comprised of ten ancestral minorities, with most of them being the Chunchiet from the clan of the Phnong. The remaining 20% are Muslim Cham, Chinese, and Khmer. The majority of people cultivate rice, fruit trees, and a wide range of vegetables on the land. Coffee, strawberries, rubber, and cashew nuts are all grown by others.

Houses constructed in the traditional Khmer style are increasing. The traditional Phnong houses can still be found when visiting the hill tribes. Traditional gongs and large jars can be found in the homes, the most recent of which is said to be more than a thousand years old. There are many different kinds of gongs used for different events. In terms of traditional, spiritual, and material terms, indigenous communities consider jars and gongs to be among their most valuable possessions. These items were hidden away in the jungle during the Khmer Rouge regime, and in many cases, they are still there.

Geography The province of Mondulkiri is on the South-East plateau (approximately elevation around 200-1000 meters), it's capital Sen Monorom is around 375 Km from Phnom Penh. It is lining Vietnam toward the East and South, Ratanakiri toward the North, and Kratie area toward the West. Close to a lot of more modest waterways, which become very large during the blustery season, there are two greater streams crossing the region ( the Preaek Chhbaar and the Preaek Te Stream ). The complete area of Mondulkiri is around 14,288 square kilometers.

Ten tribal minorities make up 80 percent of Mondulkiri's population, with the Chunchiet from the Phnong tribe making up the majority. The remaining 20% are Muslim Cham, Chinese, and Khmer. The majority of people cultivate rice, fruit trees, and a wide range of vegetables on the land. Coffee, strawberries, rubber, and cashew nuts are all grown by others.

Generally they make their living through conventional methods of development (moving farming), hunting and gathering natural products from the woodland is an unquestionable necessity. Based on their beliefs in animism, these ancient cultures believe in spirits. The populace thickness has a sum of 44,913 occupants (22,890 male and 22,023 female). This is 3,14 people per sq km.

Climate Similar to other parts of the country, Mondulkiri province has three seasons:

- The wet season: Cool season: June through October (25°C) November through February (>20 degrees Celsius): Walk May : Temperature: Mondulkiri's annual average temperature is definitely lower than that of other parts of Cambodia (with the exception of Ratanakiri Province).


By far most of the native people groups living in Mondulkiri are resource ranchers, who are establishing a few rice and different vegetables, pretty much to feet themselves. There is likewise a very normal creation of the renowned rice wine here, which is truly outstanding in the country. In addition, the indigenous people are selling handcrafted goods like Kramas, bracelets, necklaces, and scarves. to the handful of visitors.

Mondulkiri has a very huge impact from Vietnam, which shows you the obvious in Sen Monorom. Bunches of Vietnamese items are sold here.

Tragically in the beyond 2 years the selling of land turned into a major kind of revenue because of the reality, that worldwide mining organizations are purchasing area to track down bauxite (a truly significant mineral). The worst thing is when indigenous lands are taken from people in some parts of the province and in the neighboring Ratanakiri province.

Nevertheless, Mondulkiri is so sparsely populated that the provincial capital cannot compete effectively with other Cambodian provinces in the market. But there is a lot of good red soil, water, wild animals, and good hardwoods, and the weather and scenery are always good.

Post a Comment

Gallery Drama

Recent Post

Watch China